Milsim airsoft events can be a lot of fun, but they require proper preparation. You must ensure that you have the right equipment, such as guns and protective gear, and that your clothing suits the terrain. You also need to figure out how to transport all of your gear safely and securely.
Don’t worry—we’ve got you covered! Let’s review some tips on preparing and packing for Airsoft Milsim events.
How to prepare for Airsoft Milsim events?
When preparing and packing for an Airsoft Milsim event, there are several key things to keep in mind:
- Equipment: Ensure you have all the necessary equipment, including a quality Airsoft gun, appropriate ammunition, a protective face mask, and other protective gear such as gloves and knee pads.
- Clothing: Dress in appropriate clothing for the event and weather conditions. Make sure to bring extra layers in case of cold weather. Camouflage is recommended, but solid dark colors are also acceptable.
- Packing and transportation: You want to ensure that everything gets from point A to point B safely and securely without any damage or loss (and preferably without too much hassle). To do this, invest in quality bags and cases specifically designed for transporting airsoft guns and gear—these will provide better protection than just throwing everything into an ordinary backpack or duffel bag
- Hydration: Bring enough water and electrolyte-replacement drinks to stay hydrated throughout the event.
- Food: Pack enough non-perishable food to sustain yourself throughout the event.
- First aid kit: Bring a small first aid kit with basic items such as band-aids, gauze, and pain relievers.
- Personal items: Bring any personal items you may need, such as medication, a flashlight, and a small survival kit.
- Communication: Bring a radio or other communication device, if necessary.
- Pack your bag according to the weight and size restrictions so you can easily carry all your gear during the event.
It’s also important to arrive early and set up your gear before the event starts, and have a plan with your team. And to always follow the safety rules provided by the event organizer.
For more tips, check the video by Chupacabra Outdoor and see how he prepares and packs his gear for Airsoft or MilSim games and events.